Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Regardless of size or industry, all businesses must manage risks and exposures. Even if your company assesses potential hazards diligently and regularly, not all incidents may be preventable. With that in mind, adequate loss control measures must be in place to help your business manage the aftermath. Fortunately, a robust and diverse insurance portfolio can provide necessary financial relief and resources.
What Is the Purpose of Business Insurance?
Business insurance generally does not refer to a single type of coverage but rather a package of policies. By having an optimal business insurance package, your company may be able to access critical financial assistance in response to many common incidents. Without sufficient coverage, your business may have to pay for significant losses and damages out of pocket, which could have irreparable ramifications for your finances and future.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
Although your specific insurance needs may vary depending on unique circumstances, in most cases, an appropriate portfolio will include the following:
- General liability insurance can help pay for the damages arising from an incident involving a third party, such as a guest or customer. This may include medical expenses, repairing or replacing damaged property and legal costs.
- Commercial property insurance can provide financial assistance if property used to operate your business, such as structures, equipment, inventory and furniture, is damaged, lost or stolen.
- Business income insurance focuses on expenses arising from a temporary interruption of your company’s everyday operations. This coverage may help pay rent and mortgage payments, lost income, employee payroll and temporary relocation.
- Workers’ compensation insurance can provide critical financial resources in response to an employee being injured or developing an illness on the job. It may include coverage for medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation, lost or reduced wages and disability benefits. It may also help pay for your business’s legal costs if an injury or illness leads to a lawsuit.
- Professional liability insurance can protect your business financially if another party alleges that improper, late or incomplete professional services caused them losses. This may include financial assistance for various legal expenses, such as representation, damages and subpoena assistance.
- Employment practices liability insurance may help pay for legal costs if a prospective, current or former employee sues your business for inappropriate workplace practices, such as improper hiring practices, wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment.
Beyond these coverages, your business should also consider other types of insurance necessary for your specific operations and circumstances. For example, companies that regularly use motor vehicles should acquire commercial auto coverage.
How Much Does It Cost to Insure a Business?
The cost of adequate coverage for your business will vary depending on your unique circumstances. When providing you with a quote, providers generally must consider the following:
Get the Right Coverage
We’re here to help. The experts at Jones - Byrd Insurance Agency have over 20 years of experience helping individuals, families and businesses in the Dunn area protect their interests with ideal insurance solutions. We will work with you to analyze your coverage needs and compile an optimal portfolio. Contact us today to get started.